1. What services do you provide? We provide meals, supportive services, health education, affordable housing and lifelong enrichment opportunities for seniors in Omaha, Nebraska.
2. Who is eligible for your services? All individuals age 60 and older are eligible for our congregate meals, senior center activities, health education and social services. People age 62 and older are eligible for permanent affordable housing at Notre Dame Housing's Seven Oaks Independent Living Center.
3. What are your hours? Administrative office hours are 8 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
4. How can I meet with a social worker? Please call (402) 451-4477 or visit our Supportive Services page for details.
5. How can I support your work? We gladly accept donations in support of our programs and services. Please click the Donate Now button for a secure online donation or mail a check payable to Notre Dame Housing to: Notre Dame Housing, 4 State Street, Omaha, NE 68112. You can also visit our Get Involved page to learn more about Volunteer and Advocacy opportunities.
6. What is your Federal Tax ID number? Our Federal Tax ID is 47-0799183.
7. How do I know you are a reputable charity? We are proud to share our profile and financial information on GuideStar.
8. Can someone under 55 live in a 55 community? Yes, you can buy in a 55+ community if you are not 55 years old. ... Residency restrictions are spelled out in each community's Rules and Regulations and you may be able to live in the community if you are under 55 as long as you are living with a spouse, partner or in some cases caring for a senior like a parent.
9. What is the age for senior apartments? Senior age-restricted apartments are usually 55 or 62+ and follow HUD regulations which allow for such "age discrimination". If resrtictions are 55+, at least one person in the apartment must be at least 55 and the apartment community must have no more than 20% of all residents under the age of 55. If they are 62+, than ALL residents must be at least 62. Exceptions are made by HUD regulations for renters who are under the minimum age, if they are handicapped. 10. Can I take a tour of your facilities? Yes, we would be happy to give you a tour of our facilities! Please call (402) 451-4477 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a convenient time to visit.
11. What is HUD 292 Housing? HUD Section 202: Supportive Housing for the Elderly. Established in the HousingAct of 1959, Section 202: Supportive Housing for the Elderly, is a Housing and Urban Development (HUD) program that provides capital advances to private, nonprofit sponsors to finance the development of housing for elderly residents.
12. What is the housing for older persons act? The Act's language and summary. The Act "amend[s] the Fair Housing Act to modify the exemption from certain familial status discrimination prohibitions granted to housing for older persons." The short title is the "Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995."
Notre Dame Housing 3439 State Street Omaha, NE 68112 Phone: (402) 451-4477 Fax: (402) 451-7421 www.ndhinc.org